This week, we'll be learning a bit more about one of America's favorite (to mock) former vice presidents, Al Gore (it's his birthday today). We've heard all about his accomplishments. His Nobel Peace Prize, his invention of the internet, his sleep-inducing lecture documentary about global warming that reminded us all of being college freshmen without the beer, awkward dating, and 2:00 a.m. Nerf wars. I'm tired. I was at work last night until the time I normally clock in for work in the morning. I'm skipping the rest of the intro and going straight to the facts. Sorry, Al.
10 Unknown Facts about Al Gore:
- Al Gore sounds like a robot because he is a robot. I know, this one is the fact most likely to be already known.
- Al Gore wanted to be a pirate growing up until he realized how completely ineffective and inept modern pirates are.
- Al Gore can only draw polygons with a prime number of sides.
- Al Gore's favorite hobby is swimming with the dolphins. Yes, he can swim. His metal frame is made of an exceptionally light--but durable--titanium alloy. And yes, he's water-proof.
- Every day for breakfast, Al Gore eats 3.14 pies. Yes, Al Gore can eat.
- Al Gore can pull quarters from behind anyone's ear. He laments that if he could only pull larger denominations of currency, he could pay off these mounting national debts and save the economy.
- Al Gore has friends exactly like the friends on Friends.
- Al Gore knows exactly how many Earths were involved in the so called "Crisis on Infinite Earths."
- Al Gore once hunted the Loch Ness Monster all the way across the Serenghetti, which is why sonar tests were not always able to detect the beast in the lake.
- Al Gore loved Will Eisner's The Building so much he built a large apartment building in the hopes that over the course of its history four people who felt unimportant in life would die there so that their ghosts could watch over it and ultimately find validation to their existences. This is clearly not the best idea he's ever had.
You have been informed.