Wednesday, January 7, 2009

But What About Zeus>

Ladies and Gentlemen, I must confess, I love me some Mythbusters. It's easily one of my favorite shows on TV. My philosophical brothers-at-arms Adam and Jaime (and their squires-at-arms Kari, Tory, and Grant, but especially Kari) are all about exposing truth where lies... lie. My only complaint is that, well, they take on common misconceptions, sure, but I've never seen them go after a good old fashioned myth. Where is my episode about meeting the Devil at a crossroads or unicorns or the feud between Poseidon and Athena> When do I get to learn the truth behind Quetzalcoatl, Atlantis, Loki, Anansi, and Izanagi no Mikoto and Izanami no Mikoto> They need to address these in the next season or I'm going to send them a stern letter demanding, nay, politely asking that they change their name to Modernmisconceptionbusters.

Ok, so, maybe today you didn't learn much about the world as a whole, but you did at least learn that a) I like Mythbusters, b) I really like Kari, and c) I feel Mythbusters is losing sight of its namesake: myths.

You have been informed.

No comments: