For this week's celebrity, I chose Wil Wheaton. Having just finished reading his book Just a Geek, I was shocked to find that while he addressed his career as an actor and writer and his nature as a geek, there were many things which only add to his geek street cred that he did not include. Below is a list of ten things about Wil Wheaton that he failed to mention in his book. And like Nigel Tuffnel's amp, this list of ten things goes to eleven.
10 Unknown Facts about Wil Wheaton:
- The more Cthulu learns about Wil Wheaton, the more insane he becomes.
- Wil Wheaton won Gary Gygax's lucky 20 sider when the D&D (co)creator bet him he couldn't fit an entire 3rd edition Monster's Manual (vol.1) in his mouth. Wil fit the first four volumes.
- Wil knows whether or not the Johns Linnell and Flansburgh are, in fact, giants.
- Contrary to the Trekkie popular belief, Wil Wheaton cannot travel around time. However, when he desires it, time will travel around him.
- Wil Wheaton started a real AADA, but had to disband it after simultaneously defeating all five other co-founders with nothing but a Radio Flyer wagon and a single flaming oil jet. To be fair to his competitors, I must point out that it was an HD flaming oil jet.
- Accurately depicted in GURPS, Wil Wheaton as a character would cost 413 points.
- Wil Wheaton has access to seventh level disciplines.
- Wil Wheaton once visited the eighth dimension using his own home-made oscilation overthruster.
- Wil Wheaton is the Kwisatz Haderach.
- Wil Wheaton is Three Laws Safe!
- Wil Wheaton is Security Clearance ULTRAVIOLET.